Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HIS RECIPES

In honor and respect of the passing of Glen, here are some favorite recipes that I always loved during my visits.


CHEESE SOUP

Ingredients:

* 8 cups water
* 8 beef bouillon cubes
* 3 medium white onions
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
* 3/4 cup all purpose flour
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
* 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Preparation:
Heat the water to boiling in a large pan. Add the bouillon cubes and dissolve.

Cut the onions into thin slices, then quarter the slices.






CHOCOLATE LAYER DELIGHT



Ingredients:

* 1 package graham cracker crust mix
* 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 cup non-dairy whipped topping
* 1 package vanilla instant pudding
* 1 package chocolate instant pudding
* 3 cups milk

Preparation:
Make crust according to package directions and press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees just a few minutes. Mix cream cheese, sugar and whipped topping and pour over crust. Mix puddings and milk and pour over cheese layer. Dot with additional whipped topping. Chill.







And for helping me buy and deliver a bed in college.....






And, oddly enough, teaching me about spy dust.






Not sure where HIS son was during these times, but I will always have these memories.

Actually, I know there was one time where Keith was drugged up in bed from having his wisdom teeth removed. I believe that's where I learned about the spy dust.





You'd be surprised at some of the stuff I remember....probably more than anyone ever realizes.
Sometimes it is a blessing.
Sometimes it is a curse.





I remember holdin on to you
All them long and lonely nights I put you through
Somewhere in there I'm sure I made you cry
But I can't remember if we said goodbye

But I recall all of them nights down in Mexico
One place I may never go in my life again
Was I just off somewhere just too high
But I can't remember if we said goodbye

I only miss you here every now and then
Like the soft breeze blowin; up from the Caribbean
Most Novembers I break down and cry
But I can't remember if we said goodbye



.

No comments: