Saturday, June 21, 2008

SATURDAY - Happy Summer Solstice!

You know what happens on Saturday, right?
I stand in a field of tulips!


Once again, there are many birthdays today but only one that deserves the status of:
Iconic Birthday....
Nils Lofgren


I heard a story that Nils was a struggling musician trying to make ends meet living in his parents basement when he got the call from Bruce to join his band.

But I really can't continue without celebrating a SECOND Iconic birthday....
Michael Gross!

Who, you may ask?
Maybe you recognize him here?

No?
Let's take a refresher course....


Well that was a bit uncalled for.
On to today's headlines...

This should provide an opportune time for a math lesson.



Hmmm.....
If we use some theorems and calculate just right......





I had to use my calculator on that one but it looks like ol' Texas Instruments is right on target!

Wowee Zowee. That is just plain odd.
Let's end this inane show of ineffectual ramblings on a high note.

Nothing encourages quite like a chocolate wrapper.



Don't forget to sleep in tomorrow. It's the weekend.



And try whistling this:

If I can't be with you I would rather have a different face
And if I can't be near you I would rather be adrift in space
And if the gods desert us now I'll turn this chapel into flames
And if someone tries to hurt you I would put myself in your place



Yeah that sounds right.
.

No comments: