Saturday, July 12, 2008

THE WEEKEND

is here!
And since we didn't learn a damn thing all week, let's take this opportunity to get some education in before the week is a total loss.

Today in 1960, the first Etch-A-Sketch went on sale.



I know I had one when I was a kid. Of course, my drawings were more similar to the above picture as opposed to:



Wait....when was Craig Ferguson on The Andy Griffin Show?



Odd.



Also on this date, the movie E.T. broke all sorts of box office records.
Trivia: E.T. was modeled after Carl Sandburg, Albert Einstein and a pug dog.

I think I smell a math lesson coming on....






Perfect.



Today's Iconic birthday....
Henry David Thoreau!



Wow. For an advocate of simple living, he sure does have complicated facial hair.

Here's a brief bio for those of you that skipped American Literature class:



All this schoolin' makes me feel like we're in detention on a Saturday.




Today's quote:

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.
--John Lennon




Just like John always said, Love is all you need.



Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.

.

No comments: