Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TOO ZDAY

The day after Monday.




I took a poll this morning and asked people in the local coffee shop what they thought of yesterday's Monday.


Here's the transcript:


ME: So, what did you think of yesterday?

GUY: Um....it was fine.

ME: So, what did you think of yesterday?

GIRL: What? Why? Are you a cop?

ME: No. I'm just curious.

GIRL: Well you need to figure out a better way to broach that subject.

ME: So, what did you think of yesterday?

DIFFERENT GIRL: I slept in and didn't go to work.

ME: But what did you think of yesterday?

SAME GIRL: I don't know. Drink your coffee.


So, overall I think most people thought yesterday went as any other Monday usually does.
Animated-Gifs

Today's celebrity sighting:

HAL HOLBROOK!




We had a quick conversation as I was on my way to a meeting.
It went like this:


ME: Hal Holbrook?

HAL: The one and only.

ME: I was disappointed that you didn't win the Oscar for Into the Wild.

HAL: Well, you can't win them all.

ME: How was working with Sean Penn?

HAL: Who?

ME: He's the guy that directed that movie.

HAL: Oh, is that who that was? I thought he looked familiar.

ME: And?

HAL: And what?

ME: Never mind.

HAL: Never mind what?

ME: It was nice talking to you.

HAL: Who are you again?

ME: I'm Elvis Loves Donuts, Inc.

HAL: Never heard of you. Make sure my dry cleaning is picked up this afternoon.

ME: Um....I'm not your personal assistant.

HAL: Then why the hell are you picking up my dry cleaning?!

ME: (running out of the shop as quickly as possible)


I think Hal pulled a gun on me but I can't verify. In any case, I definitely won't be messing around with his dry cleaning.



MOVING ON PLEASE





Today's Iconic birthday belongs to Mr. No Caps himself,

e.e. cummings!!




i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)


I love that guy. But he does look awfully familiar.....Where have I seen him before.....?


Let's see...if we just do a bit of tweaking....



I KNEW IT!!
That's why you never see e.e. cummings at a Radiohead concert!!

HA!
Animated-Gifs
Man, I really need to do some cleaning....this blog is starting to attract flies....

.

No comments: