Friday, August 1, 2008

LORD ALMIGHTY

I feel my temperature rising!



Not many of you know, but yours truly was actually in an annual Elvis competition.
I didn't win, but I didn't come in last. And I didn't throw up so that's good.



It felt good to be The King.


Ah fame. 'Tis fleeting, but obscurity is forever. Such a fickle food. If only I had the dipping sauce to accompany.





Uh...not exactly what I had in mind. Thanks anyway.




Again, no. Not even close.






OK...now we're just wasting everyone's time.
Wait...is that Paul Rudd?



ANYWAY....MOVING ON PLEASE!


Today's iconic birthday.....
Herman Melville!



And while we're showing bearded fellows....here's another bearded fellow reading from Moby Dick:



Containing one of the most famous lines in literature:

"Call me Ishmael."


There's a rumor that Melville wanted to open with:

"Call me at 555-4389." But evidently he didn't want a bunch of prank calls after the book was published.






Looks like this time we went too far. Should have known all this would catch up eventually...


I suppose I should take this as a warasleawesieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffff

No comments: