Wednesday, July 30, 2008

MID WEEK

I'm beginning to think this daily/weekly/monthly thing never ends.....
Seems like every week I'm writing about the same days over and over.
Kinda like Groundhog Day!



BING!



Let's go right into today's Iconic birthday....
Emile Bronte!

Perhaps you've heard of a certain lady named Catherine and a certain gentleman named Heathcliff?



If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it.


So in honor of Miss Bronte, Miss Oberon and Mr. Olivier, let's take a look at love in words....

Hearts are not had as a gift, But hearts are earned.
--William Butler Yeats

The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you.
--Anonymous

There is a time for departure even when there's no certain place to go.
--Tennessee Williams

It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all.
--Samuel Butler

How could an Angel break my heart? Why didn’t he catch my falling star? I wish I didn’t wish so hard. Maybe I wished our love apart.
--Toni Braxton

Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.
--Charlie Brown

Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.
--Herman Hesse

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
--Anais Nin


OK then. Let's see if we can get any kind of visual.....

























I think that's pretty damn close.

Sure glad today wasn't Edgar Allen Poe's birthday!

.

No comments: