Thursday, July 3, 2008

THURSDAY

Let's begin this Thursday with a look at Yeondoo Jung's work....



In his series, Wonderland, he takes children's drawings and brings them to life in his photography.






Using Jung's idea, I decided to give it a try myself.

Here's the drawing:




And here's the picture that I took:


WOW! That turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!
Maybe I could open my own studio and emulate Mr. Jung......


HOLD IT!

We're moving. Pack up.



Denmark has been named the happiest country.
The U.S. was rated 16!
Let's simplify for those of you slower readers:





CONVERSELY:





Now I'm trying to stay apolitical but perhaps our ranking will improve next year.....
Time will tell.


Today's Iconic birthday is
Tom Stoppard!



If you don't recognize him perhaps you are familiar with one of his more popular writings...



Empire Of The Sun. Starring a young Christian Bale.




I said YOUNG not skinny!!

Let's switch gears quickly to get that image out of our heads.....


Shakespeare quote of the day:

"The course of true love never did run smooth"
--A Midsummer Night's Dream

Poor Lysander and Hermia. But c'mon. What do you expect when your dad names you "Hermia"?

I don't know about you, but when I hear the name Hermia, I picture something like this:





Amy Winehouse?

Let's move on. Please.





We'll close out with this final quote:

"The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it - you and you alone make me feel that I am alive - Other men, it is said, have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough."
--George Moore

Let's try and visualize











Store that in your heart for later use. It'll come in handy.

I promise.

.

No comments: